Terms and Conditions for Searchers
La Trobe University reserves the right to modify these terms at any time and will publish such modified terms online at this site, unless notified otherwise.
La Trobe University provides this external link as a service to users of its web site. By providing this external link, La Trobe University does not accept responsibility for or endorse the content or condition of this externally hosted website.
In the interests of informing La Trobe University students of vacancies and information regarding off campus accommodation options, Accommodation Services, La Trobe University offers an advertising service hereby known as the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard.
The Searcher is anyone who uses the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard to search for and/or secure any type of housing.
The Advertiser is anyone that submits an advertisement on the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard
By logging onto the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard, the Searcher understands and agrees to the Terms and Conditions outlined below:
- No Liability of the University
The University does not claim responsibility for the accuracy or veracity of information provided by the Advertiser.
The University does not accept any liability for any loss or damage that you might suffer due to any unsatisfactory accommodation arrangements made by you. Nor will the University pay you for any loss or damage suffered.
- The Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard is an information exchange service only:
The University does not:
- inspect or otherwise endorse properties.
- interview or otherwise vet for fitness and probity housing providers for suitability.
- act as an agent for or negotiate on behalf of parties.
- An advertisement listing carries no statement of endorsement by the University.
- It is the responsibility of the Searcher to ensure that statements and information provided by an Advertiser are accurate and correct when applying for any housing advertised on the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard
- The University make no guarantee that a Searcher will find a suitable housing option by using the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard to search for a vacancy.
- The University can in no way guarantee the suitability of co-tenants, landlords or any other relationship formed or found through the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard, and will accept no liability or responsibility for any such interactions.
- The University believes that better tenancy outcomes are attained when the Searcher is educated about their rights and duties. We encourage Searchers to obtain information from Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) by calling 1300 55 81 81 or visiting their website[TD1] .
[TD1]New provision to be added hear re: complaints mechanisms, and that the searcher has read, acknowledged and agrees to notify the University in the event they have a complaint or concern relating to a provider, by contacting the nominated person within Accommodation Services via [email/phone].
Adam/Cas- with more information on your complaints mechanisms we can draft some suitable text.