Terms and conditions for students
In the interests of providing La Trobe University students information regarding the availability and vacancy of a variety of off campus accommodation options, Accommodation Services, La Trobe University offers an advertising service hereby known as the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard.
The Student is anyone who uses the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard. to search for and/or secure any type of housing.
The Provider is anyone that submits an advertisement on the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard
By logging onto the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard, the Student understands and agrees to the Terms and Conditions outlined below:
- No Liability of the University
The University does not claim responsibility for
the accuracy or veracity of information provided by a Provider.
The University does not accept any liability for any loss or damage that you might suffer due to any unsatisfactory accommodation arrangements made by you. Nor will the University pay you for any loss or damage suffered.
- The Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard is an information exchange service only:
Accommodation Services, La Trobe University does not:
- inspect or otherwise endorse properties.
- interview housing providers for suitability.
- act as an agent for or negotiate on behalf of parties.
- An advertisement listing carries no statement of endorsement by the University.
- It is the responsibility of the Student to ensure that statements and information provided by an Provider are accurate and correct when applying for any housing advertised on the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard
- Accommodation Services and the University make no guarantee that a Student will find a suitable housing option by using the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard to search for a vacancy.
- Accommodation Services and the University can in no way guarantee the suitability of co-tenants, landlords or any other relationship formed or found through the Off Campus Accommodation Noticeboard, and will accept no liability or responsibility for any such interactions.
- Accommodation Services believes that better tenancy outcomes are attained when the Student is educated about their rights and duties. We encourage Students to obtain information from Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) by calling 1300 55 81 81 or visiting their website.